Dear FIRMS Fire Alerts Subscriber,
We have made some exciting new changes to the FIRMS Fire Email Alerts. These updates are intended to make the alerts system more stable and easy to use. Here are some of the highlights:
- Brand new map interface: The map interface now uses the popular OpenLayers library.
- Ability to make your subscriptions active or inactive.
- Subscribers can now edit their personal information, including their email addresses.
- Name your alert: Create a custom name for your subscription.
- Separate polygons for USA (Lower 48), USA (Alaska), and USA (Hawaii). All the current "USA" subscriptions are defaulted to "USA (Lower 48)".
We hope you will find the improvements to the system useful. Please give us your feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org
Faculty Research Assistant / GIS Developer
Department of Geography
University of Maryland
College Park, MD 20740
Tel. +1 301-405-9615